From the year 1967, Delhi Development Authority, commonly known as DDA, has been dedicatedly working towards the development of the city. It has played a crucial role in providing permanent shelter to the citizens of the country. This year the DDA Housing Scheme Awas Yojana was launched on June 30th, 2017 and was valid till 11th August.
The date for the registration was extended upto 11th of september. Seeing the poor response from the public the government has extended the application date. Also, to attract more application DDA had relaxed the forfeiture clause. Due to the clause the Banks were not giving loans to the applicants. With the relaxation Delhi Development Authority had introduced the forfeiture clause penalty that varies from 25% to 100%. This is done to make sure that only the genuine buyers apply under the scheme.
The aim of the scheme is to provide affordable housing to general public and so has disposed approximately 12,000 flats of various groups. The flats are reserved for the Janta, lower income group, middle income group and high income group. The details of number of flats allotted to each category is as follows:
- High Income Group – The total flats available under this group are 87.
- Middle Income Group – DDA will allot about 404 flats to the middle income group.
- Lower Income Group – The houses that will provided to low income group will have 1 bedroom. The number of flats issued under this category are 11,197.
- Janta – DDA will allot 384 houses under the lowest price segment.
The flats are located at different locations. Most of the flats are situated in Rohini, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Jasola, Mukherjee Nagar, Paschim Vihar and Narela. The other locations are Paschim Vihar, Vikas Puri, Kondli Gharoli, Pitampura, Kalyan Vihar, Jahangirpuri, Narela, Mangolpuri, Todapur, Trilokpuri, Raghubir Nagar, Hastsal, Sukhdev Vihar & Sarita Vihar. The prices of house range from Rs. 7 lakhs to 1.2 crores.
Delhi Development Authority has prescribed the eligibility norms for availing the house benefit under the scheme. The rules for applying are as follows:
- Nationality – The applicant should be an Indian
- Age – The minimum age of the individual should be 18 years at the time of application
- The applicant should not have a house on his/ her name or on the name of the spouse or children in Delhi.
- Single application is accepted per individual
- The application can be filled by both the husband and wife however, the benefit will be provided to one if both of them are named in lucky draw
- To get the benefit the individual must have the PAN Card, details of which should be provided in the application form
Along with the application form, an applicant has to submit certain documents. The list of the requisite documents is as follows:
- Proof of Address – Government Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Water Bill Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Aadhaar Card, House Tax Receipt, Bank Passbook showing the name and address
- PAN Card
- Latest two years Income Tax Returns
- Category specific documents for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (ST), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Physically Handicapped or other categories
PMAY Linked to DDA Aawasiya Scheme 2017
The DDA Aawasiya scheme is connected to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) that targets to provide Housing to all in urban areas at subsidized interest rates. The Credit Linked Subsidy will be available for loan up to Rs. 6 lakhs while on the loan of amount above Rs. 6 lakhs the subsidy won’t be provided. The benefit of this subsidy can be availed by the EWS category individual booking the hose under the DDA Housing Scheme 2017.
How to Apply
For booking the flats under the scheme, the applicant can apply in either way – Online or Offline.
For applicants applying without using internet, the brochure and application form is made available at DDA Sale Counter at Vikas Sadan, New Delhi. The forms are also available at the designated banks, that are as follows:
- ICICI Bank
- State Bank of India
- Axis Bank
- Central Bank of India
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Yes Bank
The completed form is to be submitted at the mentioned banks with the registration fees. Whereas, the applicants applying online can fill the form available at the official website of DDA housing scheme and the eight authorized bank.