Have an account with Kotak Mahindra Bank? Yet to link Aadhaar to your bank account? Hurry up, as the government has kept March 31, 2018, as the last date to do so. If you are aware of the latest developments doing the rounds, you would know that the government is planning to make Aadhaar a mandatory document to avail banking services, besides several others.
Failing to link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Account by the said deadline could stop you from making any transactions. However, the silver lining comes with simple steps which you can follow to link Aadhaar to your bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Account Online?
The best way to link Aadhaar card to your bank account is by using the internet banking facility. Following are the steps you need to take while availing this linking option.
- Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Click on ‘Login’ to open your account online
- Choose ‘Net Banking’ option
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Click on ‘Banking’ to get to a page wherein you can see ‘Aadhaar Seeding’ option on your left
- Select your account number, enter and then re-enter the Aadhaar number
- Please check the correctness of the details before clicking on ‘Submit’ button
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Account Via SMS?
Even SMS can be typed to get the Aadhaar linked to your Kotak Bank account. The steps, which you should take, are explained below.
- Type AADHAAR, followed by a space, enter Aadhaar number and the last four digits of your account number
- Send the message to 9971056767 or 5676788
What are the Steps Involved in Getting Aadhaar Card Linked to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account at Branch?
If you are comfortable linking with the above two modes, you can do the same at the branch by taking the following steps.
- Visit the nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank branch with the original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Ask for the Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Mention Aadhaar number, account number, and several other personal & professional details
- Affix your signature in the prescribed space
- Submit the duly filled and signed form along with a self-attested photocopy of Aadhaar
- The bank official will match the Aadhaar details from the original copy
- The bank will thus process your Aadhaar seeding request
Does Your Work of Aadhaar Card Seeding Finish with a Mere Application?
I don’t think the work finishes. You need to further check whether it has been linked or not. Even if it has been linked, check whether the details shown are true to your knowledge or not. It’s because of the fact that the bank officials can err in entering the details. All that and more can be looked into by using the following channels.
How Will Net Banking Help You Check the Status?
- Login to Internet Banking
- Click on Profile/Update Contact Details at the top of the online page
- You can see the details of Aadhaar on the page if it is linked to the account
Status Check on the Website of UIDAI
You can check the status of Aadhaar linking to an account on the website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Visit the official Website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status under ‘Aadhaar Services’
- You will get to another window asking you to enter your Aadhaar number and the security code as shown
- An OTP will then be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP
- Click on Login
- A new page will appear where you can find the mapping of Aadhaar with a bank account
Check Status via SMS
- Dial *99*99*1#
- Enter and confirm the Aadhaar number
- Upon confirmation, a screen will appear and show whether Aadhaar is linked to your account or not
However, the SMS service can be used only when the mobile number is linked to Aadhaar. As you are now aware of the ways to link your Aadhaar to Bank Account, you can choose one mode you are comfortable with. Make sure to link much before the deadline as traffic can be immense at the fag end of the deadline.