The clock is ticking fast towards 31st December 2017, the last date of getting Aadhaar linked to the bank accounts. State Bank of India (SBI), with a maximum number of customers, is undoubtedly facing a long list of queries regarding the linking process.
If you do hold an SBI account and yet to link Aadhaar to it, you better do fast. You can, though, link Aadhaar with SBI account very easily by following the simple steps explained in this article.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Online?
In the age of digitization, the traditional practice of visiting the branches is fast becoming obsolete. So even if it’s about linking Aadhaar, most would like to do online, won’t they? SBI, like other banks, also enables people to link Aadhaar with their bank accounts via Internet Banking. So if you have SBI Internet Banking access, you can login and complete the formalities in a few minutes. The linking steps are explained below.
I – Login to SBI Internet Banking using your User ID and Password
II – You can find Link Your Aadhaar Number under My Accounts
III – Choose the number you want to link
IV – Enter your Aadhaar number
V – Click on ‘Submit’ button
VI – The details will get processed and on successful verification, your Aadhaar number will get linked to an SBI account
Steps to Link Aadhaar with SBI Account at the Nearest Branch
Although visiting a branch is becoming a thing of the past, there are still many who won’t mind doing the same to fulfill their banking needs. So if you are not comfortable doing online, you can visit the branch to link Aadhaar with your SBI account. The following steps will help you do so.
- Visit the nearest branch with both the original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Ask for Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Mention relevant personal and professional details
- The bank official will take away the form and a photocopy of Aadhaar
- Upon verifying the details successfully, you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number
Visit the Nearest ATM to Link Aadhaar with SBI Account
You can even go to the nearest SBI ATM to link your Aadhaar to a bank account. The steps are explained below.
- Swipe your ATM
- Enter the PIN & select ‘Service Registrations’
- Choose Aadhaar Registration
- Select the account type you want to link
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Re-enter it and you can get to see a message showing the linkage of Aadhaar to a bank account
Even an SMS Can Help You Link Aadhaar to SBI Bank Account
Follow these simple steps to get your Aadhaar linked to your SBI account using the SMS.
- Text an SMS in the prescribed format – UID space Account Number to 567676 from your registered mobile number
- Subsequently, you will get an SMS confirmation of your request
- If the mobile number is not registered to your account, get it done ASAP and complete the above process
Aadhaar Card Link to SBI Bank Account Status
If you have not received a confirmation of Aadhaar linkage with a bank account even after making an application, you then need to know the exact status. Either you can visit the branch where you had submitted the application or visit the website of Unique Identity Development Authority of India (UIDAI) to do so. The steps which you need to follow at the latter are explained below.
- Visit UIDAI website
- You can find Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status
- Enter your Aadhaar number and type the security code which you can see on the screen
- Thereafter, you will get an OTP on your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- Enter the OTP and click on Login
- You will then get to see whether the Aadhaar is mapped to your SBI Bank account or not.
Now that you know the steps to link Aadhaar to a bank account, you can thus opt for the mode you feel like to do the needful before the expiry of the deadline.